Wherever you work.
Whatever you do.
Whatever your need.
We're already there.
We are committed to delivering quality specialist services in a wide range of legal areas. We achieve this by:
- Employing talented, and friendly people and by encouraging employee specialisation so you receive expert advice across each area of law.
- Being well managed, using the best available business systems
- Listening to you properly, speaking in plain English and being committed to helping you achieve your objectives
We provide legal services to businesses in the corporate sector and personal services to private individuals throughout Mackay and the surrounding regions as well as throughout Queensland.
McKays delivers specialised business & industry law services to small, medium and large businesses across all industries, including:
- The accounting and financial services industry
- The agricultural/rural industry
- The banking and financial services sector
- The building and construction industry
- The energy, resources and mining industry
- The property sector
Private individuals can receive expert advice in the following areas:
- Asset protection
- Criminal and Traffic Law
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Family Law
- Residential Conveyancing
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds
Our philosophy is to:
- Be upfront and explain to you clearly, how much you will need to invest in any service you require help with
- Ensure that there is a certainty of exactly what it is we are to do for you
- Provide you with an estimate of how long the work should take
- Always explain what is involved and how things work
- Keep you informed every step of the way
We will look after your interests totally…so you can relax, knowing that we are here to help you…It does not matter whether your legal needs are big or small, you can be guaranteed that choosing McKays as your law practice means you will not only be receiving excellent legal advice, but you will know exactly where you stand every step of the way.
History of McKays
McKays Solicitors was established on the 1st of March 1988 upon the merger of two North Queensland firms, Nissen & Coates and Seeto McKay, both of which were based in Mackay and had been established some years earlier.
One of our founding partners, Mark McKay, was killed in a tragic motor vehicle accident in June, 1988. It is in honour of Mark, that the practice was named McKays.
McKays Solicitors is now an independently owned and operated legal practice with a large footprint in regional Queensland.