Criminal Law & Traffic Law
- Criminal Law & Traffic Law
Phone 49630888 | After Hours 0407 860 938 | Online enquiry
Criminal or traffic charges can severely impact on your life. Finding the right lawyer for your situation, and fast - is imperative. We are here to help.
We understand that being charged with a criminal or traffic offence can have dire consequences, impacting on your reputation, your financial situation
and your freedom.
Your friends, family and coworkers, as well as future employers, may view and treat you differently.
Large fines can be imposed which may put you under financial strain.
Your freedom may be impacted: You could lose your licence; Be forced to complete community service; And at worst, even face imprisonment for months or many years.
To put it plainly, criminal or traffic charges can severely impact on your life.
Faced with this uncertainly, finding the right lawyer for your situation is imperative.
Our team of experienced solicitors can assist you with all criminal law and traffic law charges, whether you are based in Mackay, Sarina, the coalfields, the Whitsundays or any other location in Queensland.
Our Team of Lawyers
Jordana Abela, Associate Solicitor
Email [email protected]
Marcus Hahn, Solicitor
Email: [email protected]
Why choose us?
With so much at stake, the most important decision you can make now is which lawyer to use.
Other lawyers often practice in a number of different areas, particularly those in smaller firms.
Both Jordana and Marcus focus entirely on representing clients in Criminal and Traffic matters, meaning they are highly specialised and highly experienced in this area, making them the best solicitors to help you.
You won’t receive watered-down legal representation if you come to us.
To ensure you have the best outcome:
- We will guide you through the legal and court process, explaining all of the steps and options available to you.
- We will answer any questions you may have including: Do I have the right to remain silent, and should I give a police interview?
- We will treat your matter with the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
- We will accompany you to the Mackay Police Station to provide support and advice during the interview process.
- We will keep you informed every step of the way, providing you with clear guidance in relation to your legal costs and we will endeavor to make the process as stress free as possible.
Contact us immediately
What can we help you with?
- Common Assault
- Serious Assault
- Assault occasioning actual bodily harm
- Grievous bodily harm
- Assault or obstruct police officer
- Unlawful wounding
- Choking, suffocation or strangulation in a domestic setting
- Indecent treatment of a child under 16 years
- Possession of child exploitation material
- Distributing child exploitation material
- Using the internet to procure a child under 16 years
- Sexual assault
- “Revenge Porn” offences
Drug Related Offences:
- Possessing a dangerous drug
- Supplying a dangerous drug
- Trafficking in dangerous drugs
- Producing a dangerous drug
Theft, Fraud & Dishonesty Offences:
- Receiving tainted (stolen) property
- Entering or being in a premises and committing indictable offence
- Unlawful use of a motor vehicle
Offences Arising Out Of A Fatality:
- Dangerous operation causing death
Other Common Offences:
- Extortion (blackmail)
- Cruelty to a child under 16 years
- Deprivation of liberty
- Public nuisance
- Willful damage
Domestic Violence Offences:
- Contravention of a domestic violence order
- Contravention of a Police Protection Notice
- Driving without due care and attention
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death
- Drink and drug driving
- Restricted licence (work licence) Applications
- Special hardship Orders
- Disqualified driving
- Unlicensed driving (SPER suspensions, accumulation of points etc)
- Hooning offences
- Mobile phone offences
- Speeding offences
- Evasion offences
- Possession of a weapon
- Storage offences
- Unregistered firearms
We can also assist you with:
- Bail applications
- Committal hearings
- Summary Trials
- Jury Trials in the District and Supreme Court
- Pleas of guilty
Commencing 26 July, 2021 it will be illegal to hold a mobile phone in your hand or have it resting on any part of your body, including in your lap, when driving. This applies even if you’re stopped in traffic. The phone does not need to be in use or even turned on for this to be an offence. ..
Should you have a lawyer if you have been charged or are at risk of being charged with a criminal offence?
The short answer is yes. We strongly recommend that if you are contacted by the Police Service that you speak with a lawyer before answering any questions. If you are approached by a police officer in a public setting, you are only required to provide them with your name and current add..