Scott McSwan, Director
Scott leads the McKays industrial relations and employment law team in the Mackay office. He also practises in complex commercial and building disputes as well as family law matters and personal injury law matters with extensive experience acting for claimants, insurers, and employers.
Scott has a particular interest in small to medium sized businesses, and in the trades, building and construction and mining industries and training and education sectors. He also helps clients in the transport, medical and retail sectors.
Scott is known for developing long term, trusted relationships with his clients and has a passion for equipping his clients with the skills and know-how to avoid legal disputes. To that end, he offers practical assistance and resources appropriate to his clients’ personnel, including a range of training in issues such as:
- Corporate governance and management risk;
- Performance management, preventing workplace harassment, management of ill and injured employees and various other workplace and industrial relations issues.
Scott is also an integral part of our McKays Mining team.
Scott was admitted as a solicitor in 1995 and in 1998 became a partner of Barry Beaverson and Stenson Solicitors which subsequently merged with McKays. Scott was Managing Partner and then Director and Chairman of McKays from 2008 to 2012.
Scott has had considerable experience in:
- The negotiation and approval of Enterprise Agreements in the black coal mining industry.
- Review of service agreements for businesses providing services on to black coal mine sites.
- Advising in relation to obligations arising under the black coal portable long service leave scheme.