Fire Affected Farmers Eligible for Assistance
The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (“DAF”) and Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (“QRIDA”) have announced assistance packages for those Primary Producers affected from the recent fires that occurred between 30 November to 6 December in our region.
These Primary Producers may be eligible under the joint Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA) for Category B financial assistance which includes freight subsidies and concessional loans.
- emergency fodder for livestock to a disaster declared property;
- building and/or fencing materials to replace pre-existing buildings and fences or for machinery and equipment to assist with cleaning up or attending to repairs after the disaster event; or
- removal of stock or re-stocking their property as a result of the disaster.
The guidelines and forms for these freight subsidies (which provide up to a 50% subsidy for eligible farmers) can be located at www.daf.qld.gov.au/environment/disaster-and-emergency-assistance/disaster-assistance-forms-and-guidelines.
- Housing help after a disaster (visit: www.qld.gov.au/housing/emergency-temporary-accommodation/housing-help-after-disaster) – if you need assistance with home loan repayments whilst dealing with the costs of a disaster or for those over 60 years, assistance for minor repairs and maintenance for your home. *Eligibility criteria apply.
- Community recovery grants (visit: www.communityrecovery.qld.gov.au) – if your home is in an area where a disaster has occurred and you need help to meet your immediate essential needs for food, clothing, medicines or temporary accommodation or replacing uninsured essential contents (whitegoods or beds), or assistance with home repairs or reconnection with essential services (water, electricity, gas, etc). *Eligibility criteria apply.
- Structural assistance grants (visit: www.qld.gov.au/community/disasters-emergencies/structural-assistance-grant) – if you are uninsured or unable to claim insurance for damage caused to your home from a disaster, you can apply for a grant up to $10,995.00 for an individual or $14,685.00 per couple/family to make your home secure and safe. *Eligibility criteria apply.
*The subsidies, loans and other assistance packages that are mentioned above are current as at December, 2018 and may be subject to change, variation or be cancelled at any time in the future. Please check the DAF and QRIDA websites to see if these assistance packages are still available.