Credit Management / Debt Collection
- Credit Management / Debt Collection
Cashflow is critical to the success of any business. The McKays Debt Collection team provides a debt collection service which is fast, cost effective and tailored to suit your business.
We understand that the longer credit goes beyond agreed terms, the less valuable it is to your business. Therefore, as part of our service, we offer advice and assistance in regards to the drafting of your credit terms/contracts and your internal credit management policies, which can assist you in the prevention and management of your debtors.
We provide the services and support to smaller businesses that typically only larger organisations have the capacity to provide. We actively work with trade bodies, associations and peak industry groups to assist their members with these services.
Our service is tailored to your business’ needs and the nature and circumstances of the debts being recovered. Whether you require letters of demand issued, assistance in recovering a debt in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) or the Courts, or other debt recovery actions, our debt collection team will walk you through the options and assist you with determining your chosen course of action.
Whether you have a one off debt or bulk debtors to recover, our team of experienced lawyers is available to assist you.
We can assist with:
- Credit managements tips to prevent debtors
- Issuing of letters of demand
- Negotiating and drafting repayment arrangements with debtors
- Drafting of Credit Terms or Agreements to assist you in recovering debts more effectively
- Recovery of debts in Court
- Issuing Creditor’s Statutory Demands on Company debtors
- Enforcement of Judgment Debts
- Assistance with utilising the minor debt jurisdiction of QCAT (Tribunal) which is a cost effective way to recover your debts without the need to engage lawyers
- Utilising Subcontractors’ charges to secure payment
- Drafting of your in-house documentation such as invoices and quotes - improving your systems